Re: [RFC] Virtual methods for devices and generalized GPIO supportusing it

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Wed Mar 28 2007 - 20:09:40 EST

Paul Sokolovsky wrote:

By this criteria I happened to choose macros syntax. But it's still
merely a syntax, and I don't pledge for it. If there's more movement
towards using explicit low-level forms like 1) or 2) instead of
introducing new syntactic pattern, then macro syntax can be considered
to have fulfilled its introductory role and can be dropped.

"Movement towards?!" That's been a fundamental part of Linux design since the very beginning.

-hpa