Re: [RFC] i386: Remove page sized slabs for pgds and pmds

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Wed Mar 28 2007 - 18:22:43 EST

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, William Lee Irwin III wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 02:38:55PM -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> > No that was described in the patch. Quote:
> > "i386 only provides support for caching constructed pgd and pmds. These
> > are comparatively rare to ptes so it is no surprise that the current
> > approach has only minimal effect. ...."
>
> And where was the mention of this being a patch I sent you in a private
> reply verbatim, and furthermore asked you not to post?

Yes it was private and you told me to be careful about "waving this patch
around". No mention of not posting it.

And I repeat that I am sorry to have removed the paragraph that mentioned
you being the author during rewrites of the text. Signoff line is there.
This is an RFC so we can still add this if we want to apply it at all.

I think we need to discuss this openly. It seems that I am getting into
unknown minefields of an ancient discussion between you and Andrew.