Re: HPA patches

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Wed Mar 28 2007 - 16:08:59 EST

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 10:57:54AM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> Ok thanks. This is interesting as the only thing new it is doing is
> asking for the HPA size. Does I think explain the problem however: Can
> you move the HPA setting call to after the mode has been set and see if
> that makes the problem vanish ?

Hm. I tried adding it in the eh code after ata_set_mode() in
ata_eh_recover(), which alters the problem slightly - hpa_sectors is
still 0, so the taskfile call is still failing, but now the system just
stops at around the time that anything attempts to access sda with no
errors other than

sd: 2:0:1:0: timing out command, waited 180s
sd: 2:0:1:0: SCSI error: return code = 0x00000028
end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 0
Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 0

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx