Why is arch/s390/crypto/Kconfig sourced when building for anotherarch ?

From: Thomas Backlund
Date: Wed Mar 28 2007 - 15:37:51 EST

Hi,

Why is arch/s390/crypto/Kconfig sourced when building for another arch ?

I'm trying to package a stripped down version of the kernelsource with only arch-specific code (/arch/$arch & /include/asm-$arch), the rest of /include, the whole KBuild setup & contents of /scripts to build 3rdparty drivers against...

With the above files I can do a:
mv .config config.temp
make mrproper
mv config.temp .config
make oldconfig prepare scripts

and the tree stays intact ...

with 2.6.20.4 it works great, but when switching to 2.6.21-rcX it breaks with this:

drivers/crypto/Kconfig:55: can't open file "arch/s390/crypto/Kconfig"

I tried to fix drivers/crypto/Kconfig by changing the code to:

if S390
source "arch/s390/crypto/Kconfig"
endif

but it still gets sourced...

Now, since this is the only arch messing up (atleast on ix86 & x86_64),
shouldn't this be fixed somehow ?

--
Thomas