Re: appletouch quirk doesn't run at resume

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Wed Mar 28 2007 - 13:07:33 EST

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Thomas Meyer wrote:

> > I am not sure if this would help... According to the excerpt from X
> > log synaptics driver attempted to scan evdev devices and locate the
> > touchpad. However if this scan happen before udev had a chance to
> > process the event and create new /dev/input/eventX device node it will
> > fail.
> Okay. This strengthens above statement. And udev is too slow to create
> the devices, while the driver already scanned the directory.
> > I wonder if we should adjust the X driver to spin for a couple of
> > seconds in EventAutoDevProbe if the touchpad was already seen once...
> > Peter?

Yes, it looks like this is the root cause.

However I must admit that I don't like this behavior too much. We
shouldn't rely on drivers individual userland to wait for a reasonable
time before the udev settles down. This is not a nice API to provide. Will
try to think of some solution which would have reasonable
nastiness/functionality ratio.

--
Jiri Kosina