Re: Corrupt XFS -Filesystems on new Hardware and Kernel

From: Jeffrey Hundstad
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 15:13:52 EST

Oliver Joa wrote:

I also often get a sata-bus-reset with the kernels 2.6.19.2
and 2.6.20.2.

What can I do to find the problem? I think about to change
from xfs to ext2 but the filesystemcheck every 30 mounts lasts
a long time.

Do you have any Idea?

In this whole message I can only help on this point. Switching to ext2 will not help. You've got *something* wrong with YOUR setup. I have used the kernels you mention in VERY large environments with excellent and stable results.

You need to find out what's up with the sata-bus-reset problem. It won't do *me* any good but people who can fix your problem will want the entire .config and dmesg to even guess about what is going on with *your* situation.

For more info on XFS. This is a pretty nice FAQ:
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/faq.html

--
Jeffrey Hundstad