Re: Why is NCQ enabled by default by libata? (2.6.20)

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 13:03:26 EST

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, linux@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I meant you do not allocate the entire disk per raidset, which may alter
performance numbers.

No, that would be silly. It does lower the average performance of the
large RAID-5 area, but I don't know how ext3fs is allocating the blocks
anyway, so

04:00.0 RAID bus controller: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3132 Serial ATA Raid II Controller (rev 01)
I assume you mean 3132 right?

Yes; did I mistype?

02:00.0 Mass storage controller: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3132 Serial ATA Raid II Controller (rev 01)
03:00.0 Mass storage controller: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3132 Serial ATA Raid II Controller (rev 01)
04:00.0 Mass storage controller: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3132 Serial ATA Raid II Controller (rev 01)

I also have 6 seagates, I'd need to run one
of these tests on them as well, also you took the micro jumper off the
Seagate 400s in the back as well right?

Um... no, I don't remember doing anything like that. What micro jumper?
It's been a while, but I just double-checked the drive manual and
it doesn't mention any jumpers.

The 7200.8's don't use a jumper except for "factory use" - the 7200.9s and 10s I believe have a jumper in the back to enable/disable 3.0GBps operation. Your model # corresponds with a 7200.8, so nevermind about the jumper.

Justin.