Re: keyboard.c: Stop flooding dmesg with useless warnings

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Sun Mar 25 2007 - 05:12:07 EST

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007, Parag Warudkar wrote:

> > > Yes this is a USB keyboard. Any hint as to where I should start
> > > looking to make the driver not emit input event for keycode==0?
> > Was it always doing that? I'll add Jiri Kosina to the CC list as he's
> > involved with HID now.
> Something (some keypress?) triggers it (by default it doesn't happen
> immediately after a boot) - but once it starts it doesn't seem to stop
> printing.

First, is there any specific kernel version where this started to happen
to you, or is this long-standing bug you have been experiencing with older
kernels too?

It would be useful if you could compile your kernel with CONFIG_HID_DEBUG
and send the output both from the time the keyboard is connected and also
when things go wild.

--
Jiri Kosina