Re: [3/5] 2.6.21-rc4: known regressions (v2)

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Sat Mar 24 2007 - 14:48:44 EST

Thomas Meyer <thomas@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Eric W. Biederman schrieb:
>> Thomas Meyer <thomas@xxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> The problem is identified: http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/3/22/150
>>>

>> Given the description above I'm a little confused. Doesn't this
>> happen every time now?
>>
> With current git head the oops happens in the second suspend to disk
> attempt in a row.

Odd. I would have thought the oops happened in the first resume, not
the second.

Hmm. It may have something to do with the ``managed'' driver
aspect of this as well..

>> Or was this happening only the second time before I started my msi
>> fixes...
>>
> So i think, that the current git head already contains your msi fixes.

Yes it does.

> I don't know if this already happend before your msi changes, but i can
> test 2.6.20 if you like to?

Sure. A data point if you boot with nomsi or have a kernel compiled
without msi support would be interesting as well.

As the problem case may not show up without msi support in the picture.

Eric