default functions for gpio

From: NZG
Date: Fri Mar 23 2007 - 16:28:07 EST

WHY I"M ASKING THIS QUESTION:
I'm implementing some gpio calls in the ep93xx arch.
My problem is that gpio's are really board specific, not just mach specific.
I can code the function calls into my board init, but where should these
functions be prototyped?

Ideally, I think the compiler should build a "default" function for
int gpio_request which fails, rather than a compile error for other boards
within the same arch.

THE ACTUAL QUESTION:
Is there a way to build a "default" function, which is compiled in if it's not
defined elsewhere? Anyone know where an example of this might be lurking.
Also, if this is possible, is it a good idea?

thx,
NZG