Re: 2.6.21-rc4-mm1

From: Zan Lynx
Date: Fri Mar 23 2007 - 15:40:58 EST

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 11:13 -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
> Andrew Morton wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:23:54 -0600 Zan Lynx <zlynx@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> First impressions:
> >> Several of the same bugs as rc3-mm*:
> >> * Freezes immediately if I touch the wlan0 device after loading
> >> the new Broadcom wireless driver.
>
> --snip--
>
> >> 02:02.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4303 802.11b Wireless LAN Controller (rev 02)
>
> I'm a little confused. The bcm43xx-mac80211 driver does not handle 802.11b devices, and the
> bcm43xx-softmac driver should not freeze. Which one was configured here?

It may have partly been a problem of having half of softmac and half
devicescape. I'm not entirely sure what udev did.

I tried a patch for the Sonic Silicon that was posted and I turned off
all the configuration for the softmac driver.

It isn't crashing right now but 802.11 isn't working either. I may get
a chance this weekend to try some things with it, and some different
firmware sets.

If the new bcm43xx drivers do not support 802.11b at all and never will,
I missed the documentation. Someone should add that to Kconfig.
--
Zan Lynx <zlynx@xxxxxxx>