RE: 2.6.21-rc4-mm1

From: Fortier,Vincent [Montreal]
Date: Fri Mar 23 2007 - 11:53:50 EST

> Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> > Con Kolivas wrote:

> >> Found a nasty in requeue_task
> >> + if (list_empty(old_array->queue + old_prio))
> >> + __clear_bit(old_prio, p->array->prio_bitmap);
> >>
> >> see anything wrong there? I do :P
> >>
> >> I'll queue that up with the other changes pending and hopefully
that
> >> will fix your bug.
> >
> > Tests queued with your rdsl-0.33 patch (I am assuming its in there).
> > Will let you know how it looks.
>
> Hmmm, this is good for the original machine (as was 0.32) but
> not for either of the other two. I am seeing panics as below
> on those two.
>
> -apw

I don't know if this might help out or even if it is related but I get a
"similar" crash every time using my backported rsdl patch on a 2.6.19.7
kernel. "Maybie" this type of BUG might be easier to trigger under that
specific kernel? Here is a picture of the output:
http://linux-dev.qc.ec.gc.ca/kernel/debian/etch/x86_64/2.6.19/bug-2.6.19
.7-rsdl-033.jpg.

- vin