Re: [patch] [bugfix] loop.c

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Fri Mar 23 2007 - 10:34:30 EST

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 03:19:56PM +0100, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> Well... changing the Changelog wont help I'm afraid.
> I cooked the following patch (untested), feel free to test it.

The array of preallocated garbage is to be killed by instantiating the
driver-private state at ->open() or at the time of file attachment or
whatever (I myself am not entirely sure of the right way to go about it).
I think someone's working on writing a patch of that form. I'm not sure
what they say is to be done about the gendisk array but I think there
are other ways to find the things by major and minor numbers.

IOW teaching loop.c to allocate more is not the way to go; one should
rather teach it to avoid doing all those allocations up-front.

-- wli