Re: Suspend to RAM generates oops and general protection fault

From: Jean-Marc Valin
Date: Fri Mar 23 2007 - 08:56:35 EST

Hi,

Sorry I haven't replied recently about that bug, but I have to admit I
have no idea where to start. There actually seems to be much more
fundamental problems with the kernel on my machines. I initially
realised that even without using suspend to RAM, I was still getting
crashes when docking. So I stopped docking and realised my machine would
sometimes just crash when I plug/unplug the AC adaptor. Just to give an
idea, I've experienced about 10-15 crashes in the past two months -- I
don't think I've even done a single clean shutdown during that period.

To make things worse, the behaviour is always different. Sometimes I get
a panic with keyboard LEDs flashing. Sometimes I get nothing at all and
the machine is just frozen (doesn't respond to pings or to Alt-SysRq
commands). Sometimes, I just lose my keyboard and/or mouse but the
machine stays up. I'm running a vanilla 2.6.20 kernel (not tainted) with
the following configuration: http://jmspeex.livejournal.com/1090.html

Jean-Marc