Re: SATA: Marvell 88SE6141 kernel support?

From: genestapp
Date: Thu Mar 22 2007 - 15:28:20 EST

sorry about it taking so long to get back to you. I noticed it still doesn't
work after upgrading to fedora 6 and the newest kernel (at the time) so I thought I'd give your legacy driver a try (if you
still have it) I'd love to have those 4 extra sata ports. Just a question with
the legacy driver would the performance take a hit? I'd be using the ports to
add more disks to raid arrays.

kernel version: 2.6.19-1.2911.6.5.fc6:
linux distro: fedora core 6 64bit
lspci -v output for marvell sata -

03:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Unknown device 6141 (rev 01) (prog-if 81)
Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Unknown device 81d6
I/O ports at 9c00 [size=8]
I/O ports at 9880 [size=4]
I/O ports at 9800 [size=64]
I/O ports at 9480 [size=32]
Memory at fa5ffc00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
Expansion ROM at fa580000 [disabled] [size=256K]
Capabilities: [50] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit- Queue=0/0 Enable-
Capabilities: [e0] Express Legacy Endpoint IRQ 0

Gene