Re: [BUG] no boot with 2.6.21-rc3 and later

From: Bob Tracy
Date: Wed Mar 21 2007 - 23:45:56 EST

john stultz wrote:
> > > Also, does booting w/ "clocksource=jiffies" change the behavior?

Works fine with 2.6.21-rc4. I'm running on that kernel as I type this.

> Also trying booting w/ "notsc" would be a useful data point.

Boot hangs at the point indicated in my original message. I *did*
notice the blurb in the console messages about the pit clocksource
being selected/used. There was also a complaint about it being
unstable, with a negative delta. I think these messages are consistent
with the pre-bad-commit case other than where they appear in the boot
messages.

> (...) a pre-bad-commit dmesg would help.

Sent under separate cover to John.