how can I touch softlockup watchdog on all cpus?

From: Cestonaro, Thilo \(external\)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2007 - 12:16:40 EST

Hey,

my module generates this ugly softlockup dump, because all cpus are stopped longer then 10 secs.
What I do is:
[code]
local_irq_disable();
// my stuff which takes long and stopps all cpus
touch_softlockup_watchdog();
local_irq_enable();
[/code]

this prevents a dump of my current cpu but not for all.
A call to smp_call_function with a function which calls touch_softlockup_watchdog in it,
doesn't work because smp_call_function needs to be done with irqs enabled, so the watchdog comes first :(.

Any hints or ideas how I can do it in a better way? Disabling softlockup watchdog is not possible for me.

Ciao Thilo