Re: taskstats accounting info

From: Balbir Singh
Date: Tue Mar 20 2007 - 23:59:36 EST

Randy Dunlap wrote:
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:06:55 -0800 Andrew Morton wrote:

It's the most portable example, since it does not depend on libnl.
err, what is libnl?

lib-netlink (as already answered, but I wrote this last week)

I was referring to the library at http://people.suug.ch/~tgr/libnl/

If there exists some real userspace infrastructure which utilises
taskstats, can we please get a referece to it into the kernel
Documentation? Perhaps in the TASKSTATS Kconfig entry, thanks.

Balbir, I was working with getdelays.c when I initially wrote
these questions. Here is a small patch for it. Hopefully you can
use it when you find the updated version of it.

~Randy

From: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxx>

1. add usage() function

2. add unknown character in %c format (was only in %d, not useful):

./getdelays: invalid option -- h
Unknown option '?' (63)

instead of:

./getdelays: invalid option -- h
Unknown option 63

(or just remove that message)

3. -v does not use an optarg, so remove ':' in getopt string after 'v';

Thanks, these look good. I'll add them to my local copy.

--
Warm Regards,
Balbir Singh