scsi: Devices offlined

From: Wakko Warner
Date: Tue Mar 20 2007 - 21:14:41 EST

[84797.683873] sr 1:0:13:0: scsi: Device offlined - not ready after error recovery

Is there anyway to make the kernel "online" a device that has done this?
I've had this happen on various devices (mostly on usb where I can
unplug/replug), but this time, it's on a scsi controller and the driver is
not a module.

If it's possible to do this w/o rebooting, I'd like to know for when I have
this happen in the future.

If it matters, the driver is aic79xx, kernel 2.6.20.

Got Gas???