Re: [QUICKLIST 1/5] Quicklists for page table pages V3

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 19:53:52 EST

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 15:37:16 -0800 (PST)
Christoph Lameter <clameter@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> This patchset introduces an arch independent framework to handle lists
> of recently used page table pages to replace the existing (ab)use of the
> slab for that purpose.
>
> 1. Proven code from the IA64 arch.

Has it been proven that quicklists are superior to simply going direct to the
page allocator for these pages?

Would it provide a superior solution if we were to a) stop zeroing out the
pte's when doing a fullmm==1 teardown and b) go direct to the page allocator
for these pages?