Re: 2.6.20.3: kernel BUG at mm/slab.c:597 try#2

From: James Bottomley
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 14:30:49 EST

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 12:49 -0500, Mike Christie wrote:
> > I can't even say if the tapes are written correctly as I can't read them
> > (one does not reboot production machines back to 2.4.x just to try to
> > read a backup tape - I don't have 2.6.x older than 2.6.20 on these
> > machines).
>
> Could you try this patch
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=116464965414878&w=2
> I thought st was modified to not send offsets in the last elements but
> it looks like it wasn't.

Actually, there are two patches in the email referred to. If the
analysis that we're passing NULL to mempool_free is correct, it should
be the second one that fixes the problem (the one that checks
bio->bi_io_vec before freeing it). Which would mean we have a
nr_vecs==0 bio generated by the tar somehow.

James