Re: 1000xf bus problem

From: Kok, Auke
Date: Sun Mar 18 2007 - 23:40:05 EST

Greg.Chandler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
If you mean dmesg it says this:
e1000: 0000:0d:02.0: e1000_probe: (PCI-X:100MHz:64-bit) {macaddress}

That's weird... dmesg shows one thing, lspci shows another, and my data
transfers seem to point to the lspci info...

Any idea which I should trust?

Both, the e1000 driver asks the card what it sees from it's side of the connection, and lspci tells you what the cpu side of it is connected to.

Since stuff like pci bridges exist, both could very well be correct!

I highly suspect that that is exactly the case.

Auke