Re: RSDL v0.31

From: Szonyi Calin
Date: Sun Mar 18 2007 - 18:46:01 EST

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Lee Revell wrote:

On 3/17/07, Mike Galbraith <efault@xxxxxx> wrote:
P.S. "utter failure" was too harsh. What sticks in my craw is that the
world has to adjust to fit this new scheduler.

I have never seen X run nearly as smooth as our favorite proprietary
OS on similar spec hardware with ANY scheduler.

i have never seen Windows (or were you talking about Mac OSX ?) run smooth. Win2k (scheduler) is almost usable if your computer is very fast but on common hardware every version of windows for me was a joke. or
maybe you have a special version ;) [1]

I don't run KDE or Gnome in linux so ... maybe that's the problem ;)

[1] And no, i don't consider waiting 2-5-20-50 seconds for a program to start a feature. YMMV

--

"frate, trezeste-te, aici nu-i razboiul stelelor"
Radu R. pe offtopic at lug.ro