New kernel mouse recognition problem

From: Victor Fernandes
Date: Fri Mar 16 2007 - 17:54:09 EST

Dear kernel gurus,

I have a long experience with linux but not at the kernel level, so my
apologies if this post is not appropriate for the list, but it seemed to
me to be the only possible one to post my question.

Obviously I've also tried to find the solution on the archives (and more)
but found nothing appropriate.

Problem: It appears that the new kernels, I've actually kernel 2.6.17-5
(Mandriva 2007) installed, and tested others on the 2.6.x range, do not
recognition my "Track Point" mouse anymore. I have on the boot logs
(syslog) the following message: "logips2pp: Detected unknown logitech
mouse model 0".

The same system with a kernel 2.6.12-12 (Mandriva 10.1) worked properly.

Is my mouse too old? Is this a bug? Are there any possibilities to solve
the problem?

Please Cc me directly on your replies because I'm not subscribe to the
list, I hope this is OK. Obviously I'm more then happy to provide any
required information.

Thank you,

Victor Fernandes