Re: Linux 2.6.21-rc4

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Fri Mar 16 2007 - 16:31:38 EST

On Friday, 16 March 2007 17:33, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I pushed out the -git trees yesterday, but then got distracted, so the
> patches and tar-balls and the announcement got delayed until this morning.
> Oops. I'm a scatter-brain.
>
> Anyway, the good news about -rc4 is that there's just lots of random
> fixes. I'm hoping that we've seriously cut down on the regression list,
> and I'd ask everybody who is on Adrian's list to please re-verify their
> regression, and in case it's one of the "patches available" ones but I
> haven't merged (maybe because it hasn't been sent to me!), make sure I do.

I'm afraid that if CONFIG_TICK_ONESHOT or CONFIG_NO_HZ is set, we still have a
problem with RCU synchronization while nonboot CPUs are being enabled during a
resume (http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/3/11/144, http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/3/4/88).

Can someone who had this problem with -rc3 check if it's present in -rc4?

Thanks,
Rafael