Re: RSDL v0.31

From: Mike Galbraith
Date: Fri Mar 16 2007 - 11:35:31 EST

On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 00:40 +1100, Con Kolivas wrote:
> Here are full patches for rsdl 0.31 for various base kernels. A full announce
> with a fresh -mm series will follow...
>
> http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/staircase-deadline/2.6.20.3-rsdl-0.31.patch
> http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/staircase-deadline/2.6.21-rc3-sched-rsdl-0.31.patch
> http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/staircase-deadline/2.6.21-rc3-mm2-rsdl-0.31.patch

It still has trouble with the x/gforce vs two niced encoders scenario.
The previously reported choppiness is still present.

I suspect that x/gforce landing in the expired array is the trouble, and
that this will never be smooth without some kind of exemption. I added
some targeted unfairness to .30, and it didn't help much at all.

Priorities going all the way to 1 were a surprise.

-Mike