Re: [RFC, PATCH] Fixup COMPAT_VDSO to work with CONFIG_PARAVIRT

From: Zachary Amsden
Date: Fri Mar 16 2007 - 04:42:00 EST

Jan Beulich wrote:
So I guess the right thing to do is relocate the dynamic stuff via
PT_DYNAMIC, and relocate the symtab if its present.

Symtab should also be deduced from program headers.

Learning more all the time..

I'm actually surprised this got re-implemented from scratch, when my patch
already had both variants (one just #ifdef-ed out), and was tested in both
forms (actually, I first implemented the ELF form, and only after seeing the
bloat it added to the sources I came up her than with the second variant, which in
the end unfortunately didn't add significantly less bloat to the Makefile.

This wasn't re-implemented from scratch - I did this in another lifetime:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-08/msg00284.html

Either way of doing things is fine with me - I would just prefer that if it has to get down and dirty, we do it in source rather than hidden in a makefile. But just a personal preference.

Zach