Re: [ANNOUNCE] iproute2 2.6.20-070313

From: Patrick McHardy
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 16:43:19 EST

Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:32:28 +0100
> Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>RTA_* attributes aren't used for routing rules anymore inside
>>the kernel.
>

> But we need to keep them in iproute2 for back compatibility?

Not really for compatibility, its the numerical values that matter.
iproute hasn't been changed to use the FRA_* attributes for routing
rules, but it might be a good idea to do this before adding the next
RTA_* attribute since RTA_FWMASK doesn't have any meaning for routes
in the kernel, so the next RTA attribute we add could just use the
same value instead of leaving a hole.