Re: [QUICKLIST 0/6] Arch independent quicklists V1

From: Paul Mackerras
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 20:39:04 EST

David Miller writes:

> I ported this to sparc64 as per the patch below, tested on
> UP SunBlade1500 and 24 cpu Niagara T1000.

Did you see any performance improvement? We used to have quicklists
on ppc, but I remain to be convinced that they actually help.

Also, I didn't understand why we have to do quicklists to take
advantage of the fact that the pages are in a pristine state when they
are freed. I thought the whole point of the slab allocator was to be
able to take advantage of that...

Paul.