Re: RSDL for 2.6.21-rc3- 0.29

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 15:11:56 EST

On Monday 12 March 2007, Douglas McNaught wrote:
>Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> I'd considered it, but with 32 dle entries, the whole strace output
>> would be terrabytes & I don't have THAT much disk. Not to mention it
>> traces only the parent process, so tar would be merrily marching along
>> to its own drummer and not traced I'm afraid.
>
>$ strace -ff
>
>-Doug

Someone else suggested the single -f, and I tried that, but even with the
shell history set for 100,000 lines, i can't get back to the start, and I
think its mucking with the shell arguments numbering as what I can see is
about 5 reads through /etc/services accompanied by endless complaints
of -EBADFD, the the logfile it generates says the port it was given was
rejected when amcheck was run, here is that snip:

running /usr/local/sbin//amcheck Daily
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /dumps: 72597 MB disk space available, using 72097 MB
slot 5: read label `Dailys-5', date `20070223002502'
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape Dailys-5 label ok
Server check took 4.556 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
WARNING: coyote: selfcheck request failed: unable to bind to a reserved
port (got port 32789)
Client check: 1 host checked in 34.733 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.5.1p3-20070222)

The script quit by request shortly after as I didn't want it to further
dirty the amanda database system.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)