RE: [git patches] libata fixes

From: Paul Rolland
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 03:57:18 EST

Hello,

> Ok, so that's just a message irritation, not actually bothersome
> otherwise?

It is somewhat painful, because delays involved are quite long, and
it is not possible to explain the machine to "ignore" the port, and
skip to the next one...

> > The second problem is a Jmicron363 controler that is
> failing to detect
> > the DVD-RW that is connected, unless I use the irqpoll
> option as Tejun has
> > suggested.
>
> .. and this one has never worked without irqpoll?

Exactly.

> So it's the irq16 one that is the Jmicron controller and just isn't
> getting any interrupts?

It's IRQ 16 that is reported as affected to the Jmicron from the dmesg
output, yes.

> Since all the other interrupts work (and MSI worked for other
> controllers), I don't think it's interrupt-routing related.
> Especially as MSI shouldn't even care about things like that.
>
> And since it all works when "irqpoll" is used, that implies that the
> *only* thing that is broken is literally irq delivery.

Surely, also if you add the using pci=nomsi doesn't change anything.

> Gaah. Can you get a log through serial console or netconsole
> to see what changed?

I'll try to do that....

Regards,
Paul