Re: Keyboard stops working after *lock [Was: 2.6.21-rc2-mm1]

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 17:53:28 EST

Jiri Kosina napsal(a):
On Sun, 11 Mar 2007, Jiri Slaby wrote:

- /* make sure the unused bits in the last byte are zeros */
- if (count > 0 && size > 0)
- data[(offset+count*size-1)/8] = 0;
-
No, this doesn't help -- -rc3-mm2 minus this behaves exactly the same. -rc3 without this patch too.
Going to try to revert the commits mentioned above.

Hmm, strange, I did bet that this would have solved the problem, as the code is for sure bogus and could be causing these kinds of problems (I

Hmm, so I'll check this out again to eliminate human factor.

Otherwise, would you care to bisect?

Yup.

What is the keyboard in question, please? (vendor/product ids).
Bus 002 Device 013: ID 0458:004c KYE Systems Corp. (Mouse Systems) Slimstar Pro Keyboard
Device Descriptor:
bLength 18
bDescriptorType 1
bcdUSB 1.10
bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level)
bDeviceSubClass 0
bDeviceProtocol 0
bMaxPacketSize0 8
idVendor 0x0458 KYE Systems Corp. (Mouse Systems)
idProduct 0x004c Slimstar Pro Keyboard
bcdDevice 1.01
iManufacturer 1 ABBHOME
iProduct 2 USB Keyboard
iSerial 0
bNumConfigurations 1
Configuration Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 2
wTotalLength 59
bNumInterfaces 2
bConfigurationValue 1
iConfiguration 0
bmAttributes 0xe0
Self Powered
Remote Wakeup
MaxPower 50mA
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 0
bAlternateSetting 0
bNumEndpoints 1
bInterfaceClass 3 Human Interface Devices
bInterfaceSubClass 1 Boot Interface Subclass
bInterfaceProtocol 1 Keyboard
iInterface 0
HID Device Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 33
bcdHID 1.10
bCountryCode 0 Not supported
bNumDescriptors 1
bDescriptorType 34 Report
wDescriptorLength 65
Report Descriptors:
** UNAVAILABLE **
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 3
Transfer Type Interrupt
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0008 1x 8 bytes
bInterval 10
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 1
bAlternateSetting 0
bNumEndpoints 1
bInterfaceClass 3 Human Interface Devices
bInterfaceSubClass 1 Boot Interface Subclass
bInterfaceProtocol 2 Mouse
iInterface 0
HID Device Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 33
bcdHID 1.10
bCountryCode 0 Not supported
bNumDescriptors 1
bDescriptorType 34 Report
wDescriptorLength 104
Report Descriptors:
** UNAVAILABLE **
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x82 EP 2 IN
bmAttributes 3
Transfer Type Interrupt
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0008 1x 8 bytes
bInterval 10

It has a hub inside, I think it's connected behind
Bus 002 Device 012: ID 04b4:2050 Cypress Semiconductor Corp.
Device Descriptor:
bLength 18
bDescriptorType 1
bcdUSB 1.10
bDeviceClass 9 Hub
bDeviceSubClass 0 Unused
bDeviceProtocol 0 Full speed (or root) hub
bMaxPacketSize0 8
idVendor 0x04b4 Cypress Semiconductor Corp.
idProduct 0x2050
bcdDevice 0.01
iManufacturer 1 Bella Corporation
iProduct 2 GBella Corporation DV Keyboard
iSerial 0
bNumConfigurations 1
Configuration Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 2
wTotalLength 25
bNumInterfaces 1
bConfigurationValue 1
iConfiguration 0
bmAttributes 0xe0
Self Powered
Remote Wakeup
MaxPower 100mA
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 0
bAlternateSetting 0
bNumEndpoints 1
bInterfaceClass 9 Hub
bInterfaceSubClass 0 Unused
bInterfaceProtocol 0 Full speed (or root) hub
iInterface 0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 3
Transfer Type Interrupt
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0001 1x 1 bytes
bInterval 255
Hub Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 41
nNbrPorts 3
wHubCharacteristic 0x000d
Per-port power switching
Compound device
Per-port overcurrent protection
bPwrOn2PwrGood 50 * 2 milli seconds
bHubContrCurrent 25 milli Ampere
DeviceRemovable 0xc0
PortPwrCtrlMask 0xe6
Hub Port Status:
Port 1: 0000.0103 power enable connect
Port 2: 0000.0100 power
Port 3: 0000.0100 power

regards,
--
http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xslaby/ Jiri Slaby
faculty of informatics, masaryk university, brno, cz

Hnus <hnus@xxxxxxxxxx> is an alias for /dev/null