Re: [ck] Re: RSDL v0.28 for 2.6.20

From: michael chang
Date: Sat Mar 10 2007 - 16:57:21 EST

On 3/10/07, Willy Tarreau <w@xxxxxx> wrote:
BTW, Con, I think that you should base your work on 2.6.20.[23] and not
2.6.20 next time, due to this conflict. It will get wider adoption.

Maybe I'm naive, but I find this hard to understand -- 2.6.20.2 didn't
exist when Con published his patch. (Con published it ~12 hours before
the release of 2.6.20.2, from what I can tell.) How can he base his
work on something that didn't yet exist? (And it applied cleanly to
2.6.20.1, the latest when he published it.)

That said, being able to easily apply it to the latest stable kernel
would probably increase adoption, yes. I will agree with that much.

--
~Mike
- Just the crazy copy cat.