Re: 2.6.21-rc3 - oops on remove of USB dongle

From: John Stoffel
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 19:55:16 EST

Greg> On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 10:40:21AM -0500, John Stoffel wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've just compiled and installed 2.6.21-rc3 on my Dual CPU Dell
>> Precision 610MT system. Dual 550mhz Xeon, 768mb of RAM. Mix of SCSI,
>> ATA drives. I'm using the new ATA_ drivers for my PATA disks.
>>
>> After booting, I pulled my seldom used USB->serial device from the
>> system to toss in my bag to bring to work. It's a Belkin F5U109
>> dongle. I noticed the following oops:

Greg> Ugh, I have a fix for this in my tree, I'll send it to Linus in
Greg> a few hours.

Greg> sorry for taking so long with this...

No problem. Oliver Neukum sent me a pair of patches to try (appended
below) and they seem to have done the trick just fine now. I can
plug/unplug the device without any more oopses.

Hopefully this will make it into 2.6.21-rc4

Cheers,
John