more than 65535 outbound connections

From: Niklaus
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 03:19:55 EST

Hi,

I could be wrong in the below description or might have misunderstood
many of the concepts , please correct appropriately.

65535 ports can allowed . So on a machine namely C you can have max
65535 outbound connections

What i was thinking was to send to another machines A and B from the
same port [X] and then when we get data from it to [X] we can the send
it to the correct application using stateful mapping or storing some
information . The machines A and B are unaware of this mapping from
the C machine.

Can we increase it by anymeans in the kernel. Does we have patches for the above

i read on the web that terry lambert has got 1.6 million simultaneous
connection ? how is the way it is done.

http://kerneltrap.org/node/277

Regs
Nik