Re: [patch 2/5] signalfd v2 - signalfd core ...

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 14:34:55 EST

Davide Libenzi wrote:
So, to cut it short, I can do the pseudo-siginfo read(2), but I don't like it too much (little, actually). The siginfo, as bad as it is, is a standard used in many POSIX APIs (hence even in kernel), and IMO if we want to send that back, a struct siginfo should be.

You can send the data in the 32/64 neutral format, and have glibc convert it to a siginfo, and everybody's happy.