Re: passing function pointers through platform devices?

From: NZG
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 13:57:37 EST

>http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=4c20386c8d0719b42503efe65abe47ad3fb3d711
> Your mail seems to be about a gpio userspace interface, which is
> something entirely different from an in-kernel API,
Sort of, IMHO sysfs classes seems the logical final incarnation for user space
access. But to get there it has to migrate down from the machine layer to
something that declares it's mapping to the pins on a board.
However, just like gpio.txt discusses I am using them to detect MMC insertion,
so I needed standard way to declare the pin.
This provides that, thank you.

NZG