Re: Radeon xpress 200m and radeonfb kinda work

From: johan henriksson
Date: Wed Mar 07 2007 - 17:09:38 EST

Chuck Ebbert wrote:
Johan Henriksson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have gotten the radeon xpress 200m (the version without dedicated
> vmem) to work with radeonfb. The attached patch (against
> linux-2.6.20.1) works for me. Since I don't have any docs for the
> card I am unsure if the patch is 100% correct. Can someone else
> with a 200m try it out? (I have tested it by enabling fbcon and
> radeonfb in the kernel and added "video=radeonfb" to lilo. This
> gave me a nice 1280x800 console :) )

Works for me as a module on Compaq V2000 notebook. 160x48 is a bit
small, but looks very clear and crisp.

Is there anything else needed to get this merged?

As you can see in the patch I have disabled "Dynamic Clock PM"
since it makes my card freak out (Don't know why :( ).
Is there a reason why the "default_dynclk" parameter only is available
when radeonfb is built as a module or should it be added to radeonfb_setup?

/Johan Henriksson