Re: [patch 2/6 -rt] powerpc 2.6.20-rt8: to convert spinlocks to rawones.

From: Sergei Shtylyov
Date: Wed Mar 07 2007 - 12:31:40 EST

Hello.

Paul Mackerras wrote:

I've already sent a patch fixing this one (along with many others) a month ago:

http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2007-February/031164.html

I wonder iof it was ever considered... :-/

The entire patch description was just this:

Convert the spinlocks in the PowerPC interrupt related code into the raw ones,
also convert the PURR and PMC related spinlocks...

which says what you did, but gives NO CLUE about why this might be a
good thing to do - what problem it fixes or what desirable outcome it
produces. I will not apply patches with inadequate descriptions.

As I said, this was intended for the -rt patch, hence the question was for Ingo. I CC'ed the list just to keep people here in a loop.

Paul.

WBR, Sergei