Re: Problem with freezable workqueues

From: Johannes Berg
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 08:09:47 EST

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 22:51 +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> For 2.6.21-rc1 I've invented the appended workaround (works for me, waiting for
> Johannes to confirm it works for him too), but I think we need something better
> for -mm and future kernels.

Finally I could get back to this but after reading the thread I figured
it might not be necessary to test this. Please let me know ASAP if you
want this patch tested as well or it'll take quite a long time (going
skiing for a week on Saturday)

In any case, I made the two xfs workqueues non-freezable and everything
on my quad powermac works again, I also couldn't detect any filesystem
correction. I wanted to adapt the BUG_ON(block IO not from suspend code)
patch from suspend2 but haven't gotten around to it yet.

johannes