Re: [5/6] 2.6.21-rc2: known regressions

From: Michael S. Tsirkin
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 05:34:07 EST

> Quoting Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Ok, it does indeed solve the problem for me.

Not yet for me unfortunately, although this seems to help.
Is this the patch I should have applied?
http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/3/5/445

With this applied, on resume I get *some* screen output soon after resume
(e.g. with s2ram I get several characters on VGA, X starts drawing some windows)
but then the crescent symbol starts blinking again and the system hangs.

Could this be the ACPI problem Thomas mentions (acpi_processor_start is not called
when CPU#1 is resumed)?

--
MST