Re: [linux-usb-devel] [DOC] The documentation for HID Simple DriverInterface 0.5.0

From: Liyu
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 20:37:34 EST

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> If we define HID "bus" allowing drivers to bind on VID:PID and provide
> default library module for parsing HID reports and providing access to
> HID transports (USB/BT) then writing tiny drivers adjusting just a
> part of hid_input_event and relying on default implemenattaion where
> it makes sense will become a breeze.

Well, actually, the argument have begun since the version 0.4.0 of HID
simple
interface. I clearly know its weaknesses, and I believe Dmitry said, the
HID bus/tiny
driver way is the most ultimatest way very well.

But (You may guess I will say this word :), before the HID bus or other
better
implementation come , I hope use the extended keys of my keyboard on
Linux, and I guess other people
also think same with me, so we need something here temporarily, even it
do not merge
into upstream code tree.

And, I want to know that is somebody works on HID bus, Can I join it?

Good luck.

-Li Yu