Re: [5/6] 2.6.21-rc2: known regressions

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 19:43:47 EST

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > >
> > > Subject : macbook pro suspend to ram broken (clockevents)
> >
> > I can reproduce this on my dual core VAIO. There are some issues:
>
> Yeah, I think I can too, on my dual-core Mac Mini.
>
> I'm not done with my bisection, but e9e2cdb4 is among the 28 commits left,
> so I'm pretty sure I'm hitting the same bug. I'll do a few more bootups to
> be 100% sure.

Ok, it's in the last six candidates, so yeah, I'm pretty sure. I'll do a
final compile/boot cycle to verify, but if you don't hear from me, you can
pretty much assume that was it.

Thomas, Ingo, I'd _really_ like to get -rc3 out there, but I'd like to cut
down the regression list a bit, and a number of them were about resume
from RAM, and this is probably it. So I'd *really* like to get this one
nailed, especially since the causing commit is known. Can you look at it
as a high-priority thing, please?

I don't see anything interesting in my logs.

..
Time: acpi_pm clocksource has been installed.
Real Time Clock Driver v1.12ac
hpet_acpi_add: no address or irqs in _CRS
..

(I also see "Time: tsc clocksource has been installed." on some boots)

Linus