Re: PROBLEM: 2.6.20-1 not working on ibook g4 (BUG/Oops)

From: Ken Moffat
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 19:08:09 EST

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 04:59:35PM +0100, francesco foresti wrote:
> Hi,
> I have to correct myself:
> 2.6.19-7 just freezes randomly. At this point, the last surely working kernel
> i am aware of is 2.6.18, built from debian sources. Actually i'm trying
> (for the very first time) to git-bisect Linus' tree, to see if i can figure
> out something, but i feel my chances are extremely low..
>
> Best
> --
Sounds like a distro problem. In particular, distros add patches
and use different configs. My ibook G4 has been running 2.6.20-rc4
since about January 8th without any issues, but I can remember that
it took me a very long time to come up with a .config which worked
for me after the move to arch/powerpc. If your graphics card is a
radeon, I can send you my .config off-list if you think that will
help.

Ken