Re: [patch] paravirt: VDSO page is essential

From: Roland McGrath
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 17:59:33 EST

> Jan Beulich just posted a patch to do just this - relocate the vdso's
> ELF header. If that's all that's really required to keep COMPAT_VDSO
> viable under PARAVIRT, then it seems like the way to go.

I found http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xen-devel&m=117309332600075&w=2 and
that must be the one you meant. The ELF-grokking form of that is exactly
what I had in mind. The "find relocs with cmp" scheme is pretty silly, but
also works fine. It trades tweaky ELF knowledge with tweaky fragile build
methods, but it's all about the same to me.

Thanks,
Roland