Re: [linux-dvb] 2.6.21-rc1-git2 is incompilable

From: Uwe Bugla
Date: Sat Mar 03 2007 - 10:48:07 EST

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 18:31:25 +0100
Von: Marcel Siegert <mws@xxxxxxxxxxx>
An: linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: "Uwe Bugla" <uwe.bugla@xxxxxx>, torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Slaby <jirislaby@xxxxxxxxx>, venkatesh.pallipadi@xxxxxxxxx, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bunk@xxxxxxxxx, Stephane Eranian <eranian@xxxxxxxxxx>, akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [linux-dvb] 2.6.21-rc1-git2 is incompilable

> On Thursday 01 March 2007, Uwe Bugla wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> > trying to compile kernel 2.6.21-rc1-git2 is impossible. The broken
> module where the compiler gives up is /arch/i386/kernel/io_apic.c.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Uwe
> >
> > P. S.: Wouldn't it be a good idea to test at least error-free
> compilation before stuff like this is being published?
> >

> hi uwe,
>
> according to kernel.org
> 2.6.21-rc2-git1 is an actual snapshot
>
> but, those are iirc auto generated. thus not being able to compile can
> happen.
> it also depends on your special .config
>
> best regards
> marcel
>
> p.s. wouldn't it be a good idea to check your mail recipients instead of
> sending mails to e.g. linux-dvb that do
> have no use with fixes of floppy drivers and or compile status in
> io_apic? :)
>
> dont take it too hard man...
But I take it very hard as I want quality!

Ciao

Uwe

Jetzt GMX TopMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/topmail-out