Re: The performance and behaviour of the anti-fragmentation relatedpatches

From: Martin Bligh
Date: Fri Mar 02 2007 - 17:51:37 EST

None of this is going anywhere, is is it?

I will test my changes before I send them to you, but I cannot
promise you that you'll have the computers or software needed
to reproduce the problems. I doubt I'll have full time access
to such systems myself, either.

32GB is pretty much the minimum size to reproduce some of these
problems. Some workloads may need larger systems to easily trigger
them.

We can find a 32GB system here pretty easily to test things on if
need be. Setting up large commercial databases is much harder.

I don't have such a machine in the public set of machines we're going
to push to test.kernel.org from at the moment, but will see if I can
arrange it in the future if it's important.

M.