Re: [patch 00/13] Syslets, "Threadlets", generic AIO support, v3

From: Johann Borck
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 15:20:43 EST

David Lang wrote:

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Johann Borck wrote:

I reported this a while ago and suggested to have the number of pending accepts reported with the event to save that last syscall.
I created an ab replacement based on kevent, and at least with my machines, which are comparable to each other, the load on client dropped from 100% to 2% or something. ab just doesn't give meaningful results (if the client is not way more powerful). With that new client I get very similar results for epoll and kevent, from 1000 through to 26000 concurrent requests, the results have been posted on kevent-homepage in october, I just checked it with new version, but there's no significant difference.

this is the benchmark with kevent-based client:
http://tservice.net.ru/~s0mbre/blog/2006/10/11#2006_10_11
btw, each result is average over 1,000,000 requests

and just for comparison, this is on the same machines using ab:
http://tservice.net.ru/~s0mbre/blog/2006/10/08#2006_10_08

is this client avaialble? and what patches need to be added to the kernel to use it?

It's based on an older version of kevent, so I'll have to adapt it a bit for use with recent patch, no other than kevent is necessary. I'll post a link when it's cleaned up, if you want.

Johann
David Lang