Resume from S2R fails after dpm_resume()

From: Tim Gardner
Date: Wed Feb 28 2007 - 15:56:54 EST

Gentlemen,

I instrumented 2.6.21-rc1 base/power/resume.c device_resume() with
TRACE_RESUME(0) as the last statement in the function. Sure enough it
was the last hash value in the RTC after a hard reboot when resume failed:

[ 12.028820] hash matches drivers/base/power/resume.c:104

The machine appears to be absolutely wedged after initiating resume by
pressing the power button. The disk flashes for a half second or so,
then thats it.

It is a Dell XPS, BIOS rev A04. I'm using 'echo 1 > /sys/power/pm_trace;
echo mem > /sys/power/state' to initiate the S2R sequence.

Any suggestions on where to go from here?

rtg
--
Tim Gardner timg@xxxxxxx www.tpi.com
OR 503-601-0234 x102 MT 406-443-5357