Re: lanana: Add major/minor entries for PPC QE UART devices

From: Timur Tabi
Date: Wed Feb 28 2007 - 14:43:38 EST

Kumar Gala wrote:

Eh, I'm not crazy about that. That means that I have to complicate my driver because someone else screwed up a long time ago.

If not you someone else. The cost in the driver is small compared to fixing up all the distro's and such. If you don't provide this change someone else will.

*sigh*

What about major number 205? It also has the screwed-up /dev/ttyCPM entries, but it has more room, and the CPM driver doesn't actually use it. At least, I can't see where it uses it.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale